We want to ensure that all our customers receive the best possible service to meet their needs. If you have special requirements, you can add your details to the Priority Services Register. This is a list of customers who may need additional support.
Customers who qualify for the Priority Services Register include:
- Customers of pensionable age
- Customers with a disability
- Customers who have long term health issues
As well as letting you know about service changes or outages (to ensure you have resources to cover any equipment you may need), we’ll provide a meter reading service if you are unable to read your meter yourself.
These are some of the free services that we will provide to Priority Service Register customers:
- Agree a password that can be used for you to identify any person working for us or for your gas or electricity network company.
- Send your bill or statement to any person you nominate, if that person agrees to receive it for you.
- If no one at your home is able to read the meter, arrange for a quarterly reading and inform you of the reading.
- If your meter is difficult to access and you can’t read it or insert your payment card/key, we may be able to arrange for the meter to be relocated.
If you’re visually or hearing impaired we’ll also provide support to help you manage your account.
- You can choose to receive your bills and statements in large print or Braille, for free.
- For customers who are deaf or have hearing difficulties, we offer free advice and support for those who have the correct equipment installed.
If you’d like to join the Priority Services Register, or find out more, please call Customer Services on 0800 023 4171 or get in touch.