Call us on 0800 023 4171

Make a complaint

How to make a complaint

At Liverpool Energy Community Company, we’re committed to making sure that you receive an excellent service from us and strive hard to get things right first time for our customers. However, we know that occasionally we may get things wrong. If we get things wrong just give us a call and we’ll make sure that we put things right for you quickly.

If however, you do decide to make a complaint about any aspect of our service, please rest assured that we’ll take your complaint seriously, work hard to resolve the problem and learn from your feedback to improve the way we deliver our services in the future. We’ll also keep you informed throughout the process so you know what is happening every step of the way.

If your complaint is about a problem with your gas or electricity supply, get in touch so we can pass it on to your network operator as it’s their responsibility.

Telling us you’re not happy

If you’re unhappy with our service, get in touch straight away so we can fix it for you.

To resolve your complaint we will:

  • Give you an explanation about what went wrong.
  • Put things right quickly.
  • Apologise if we’ve made a mistake.
  • Offer you compensation (if it’s appropriate). We are different to other energy suppliers as our supply partner is a not for profit company and will only pay compensation where financial harm has been caused by us or our business partners.

If you’re still not happy

We’ll talk to you about how we can work together to sort it out. You can also ask us to undertake an internal review of how we are handling your complaint. We’ll work hard to try and get a result that you’re happy with, but if you’re not, we’ll look into things again and you’ll receive what is called a ‘Final response’ (also known as a Deadlock Letter). This stage means that we haven’t been able to resolve things for you. In the letter, we’ll recap what’s happened and what we’ve suggested and give you contact details for the energy Ombudsman should you wish to take it further.

Download our complaints leaflet.

Independent advice

For free, impartial energy advice you can contact the Citizens Advice Bureau. They can help and advice about – getting help paying your energy bills, choosing the tariff that’s right for you and your circumstances, and comparing energy suppliers. You can call them on (England) 03444 111 444 or (Wales) 03444 77 20 20.

The Energy Ombudsman

This is an independent organisation that offers a free service to help resolve things between us once you’ve had our final response (or eight weeks since you complained and we still haven’t fixed things). They will make their decision and if you agree, we have to act on the way they say. This may mean we have to apologise, explain what has gone wrong, correct the problem or give you a financial award. You do not have to accept their decision.

Citizens Advice Consumer Service

To ‘Know Your Rights’ and for free, independent, confidential and impartial advice on consumer issues visit You can also call the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 0345 404 0506 or fill in their energy query form. You can do any of this at any point during the complaints process.